When trying to start/run Django server on your MAC machine getting this error –
Error: That port is already in use.
- find out which service or application is using the default port 8000?
Spotlight on Network Utility to List Ports
- Press Command+Spacebar.
- Type the name of utilities that are buried, such as Network Utility.
- Click the keyboard return/enter key to launch the Network Utility app.
- Select the “Port Scan” tab.
- Enter the IP (such as 127.0.0.1), localhost, or domain name you wish to scan for open ports.
- Click scan button.
note – On mac machines by default the port 8000–8999 TCP is used by irdmi.
|RFC2||Service name3||Used by|
|8000–8999||TCP||—||—||irdmi||Web service, iTunes Radio streams|